Housing waiting list
The application process
Your application will be assessed under our Housing Allocation Scheme based on the information you have provided on your form and through our enquiries.
An assessment officer may contact you and request that you attend a booked appointment at the housing reception to submit supporting documents such as:
- Identification (passport or birth certificate)
- Passport sized photos of all household members
- Income details
- Any other documents reasonably required to support your application
When we have received enough information and supporting evidence to enable us to assess your application, you will be notified of the outcome within a few weeks.
If your application is accepted, we will send you a registration letter which will include:
- number of bedrooms you have been assessed as requiring
- the waiting list your application has been registered on
- the number of points your application has been awarded
- the priority band your application has been placed in
You do not need to contact us once you have received your registration letter unless you need to advise us of a change in your circumstances. We will contact you when we are in a position to make you an offer.
If you do not qualify to join the waiting list
If your application is assessed as not qualifying you will be advised on your right to a review. The review will consider any information that you provide that supports your view that you should qualify to join the housing waiting list.