Adaptations and improvements to older and disabled people's homes
The Home Improvement Agency
We advise and help:
- Older homeowners who need to repair, maintain, improve or adapt their home
- Households with a disabled person so they can remain living independently at home.
It doesn't matter whether you own or rent your home from the council, a private landlord or a housing association.
How we help
- homeowners improve and adapt their homes
- tenants of private landlords adapt their homes
- council tenants with adaptations and specific repairs
We can support you through the financial process and building works by giving advice, assisting with grants and loans applications, surveying, inspecting and supervising approved contractors.
You do not have to qualify for a grant to use our services.
About the Home Improvement Agency
The Home Improvement Agency (HIA) have considerable experience helping arrange home improvements, repairs or adaptations to make homes in the borough warm, safe and secure.