Improving private housing
We investigate tenants' concerns about the condition and standards of the private rented homes they live in.
We require landlords to meet certain standards and we can enforce those standards. For example, landlords must:
- meet minimum decent homes standards
- follow fire safety regulations
- do annual gas safety checks.
Report problems in your property if you are concerned about the standards of the property. This includes concerns about:
- damp and mould
- adequate heating
- having water
- gas and electricity supply
- sanitation and overcrowding issues.
Tenancy and homelessness
If you have tenancy related matters, such as the risk of becoming homeless due to your landlord's actions, contact the housing options team.