Advice for landlords

Help relocate Syrian refugees to the borough

The council is looking for landlords who could provide a secure and safe home for Syrian refugees resettling in London. We are looking to rent properties as part of a government scheme to house refugees who have fled from their home countries including those affected by conflict or civil war.

If you would like to rent a property through the council at an affordable rate and help refugees to come to Wandsworth for resettlement, please contact us.

In line with the government’s scheme, we can offer you a landlord's premium, a brokerage service and funding for decorating and furnishing properties. You will also be assured of long term and secure tenants.

Suitable homes

At the moment government criteria means we can only offer self contained homes to Syrian refugees.

Properties must meet the following criteria:

  • Within the borough of Wandsworth
  • A self-contained home
  • Have at least two-bedrooms
  • Fully furnished
  • Available for private letting and as a landlord you will accept rent at local housing allowance rates
  • Can be let on an Assured Shorthold Tenancy for at least 24 months

These requirements are designed to ensure families have the security and space they need.

What we offer:

  • One months rent in advance
  • Incentive payment
  • Tenancy agreement
  • The family will be provided with 121 support

Contact us

Contact our temporary accommodation team who administer this scheme on 020 8871 6161 (option 4, option 1) or email

Pages in Advice for landlords