Living independently: repairs and adaptations

Repairs, decorations and adaptations

The help available to residents depends on whether you rent or own your home and who you rent it from.

Tenants and residents can get advice, information and apply for grants. The council can help older and disabled decorating costs and assist residents with adaptations and equipment to their homes.

Council tenants

If you are a council tenant you report and track repairs online or contact your estate manager.

Other tenants

You should report any repairs to your landlord. If your landlord refuses to carry out an essential repair, view our advice for private tenants.

Home owners

You may be eligible for help from the council's Home Improvement Agency

Pages in Living independently: repairs and adaptations