Adaptations for older and disabled people
Other sources of advice
If you are 60 or over and need help with practical tasks in the home or garden, help may be available through Age UK Wandsworth's Handyperson Service.
- Website: Age UK Wandsworth
- Telephone: 020 8877 8940
- Free national helpline: 0800 009 966
- Neighbourhood Watch
- Other community safety information and advice
- WATCH Lifeline (Wandsworth Alarm Telephone Care Helpline)
- Telecare alarm service
- More information for council residents
- The Energy Saving Trust or telephone 0800 512012
- Home Heat Helpline (0800 33 66 99)
- Citizens Advice Bureau: Adviceguide (03454 04 05 06).
- Age Concern UK
Winter fuel payments
Visit GOV.UK or telephone the Winter Fuel Payment Helpline on 0845 915 15 15. Lines are open from 8.30am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday.
Wandsworth Care Alliance
For further information about the work of Wandsworth Care Alliance and how to get involved, please visit the Wandsworth Care Alliance website or telephone 020 8516 7767.
Wandsworth Access Association
For further information about the work of the Wandsworth Access Association and how to get involved, please visit the Wandsworth Access Asociation Website.
Wandsworth Older People's Forum
The Wandsworth Older People's Forum was set up in 1991 to be a voice for older people in Wandsworth.