Adaptations for older and disabled people

Advice about equipment and adaptations is available to all Wandsworth residents from adult social services Home Improvement Agency, who work in partnership with Occupational Therapy Service.

Paying for adaptations - council tenants

Adaptations to council properties rented by a tenant are free.

The Occupational Therapy Service will liaise with the council's Home Improvement Agency to arrange the works which will be carried out at no cost to you.

Other tenants and home owners

If you live in a housing association or private rented property contact your landlord. The Home Improvement Agency can liaise with your landlord and help you apply for a Disabled Facilities Grant (DFG).

You can also apply for the grant if you own your home.

If you are eligible for the grant, you can make your own arrangements or get help from the Home Improvement Agency who offer a free advice service.

Alternatively, the Age UK Wandsworth Handyperson Service can provide advice and assistance with minor adaptations, such as grab rails, for those aged 60 or over.


Pages in Adaptations for older and disabled people