Emergency alarm services
How to get home alarms: Telecare and WATCH
Home alarms can help you live independently.
There are two types of home alarms:
Which one is right for me?
This is a push button pendant or watch that can be used to alert us during an emergency.
- Emergency home response alarm service
- Available to older people, people with disabilities or specific medical needs.
- All ages
- Normal landline telephone service required
- Must be willing to provide a set of keys to property
- There is a cost
- Four week free home trial for clients being discharged from hospital and reablement.
Who can apply?
Older persons or younger disabled persons living in the borough who want the reassurance of an alarm to call for help or assistance may benefit from the WATCH alarm service. You can apply for yourself, for a relative, by a carer, be referred by doctor or healthcare worker.
WATCH Four Week Trial:
You may be eligible for a four week trial of the WATCH alarm service. To find out more please contact Supported Housing Services on 020 8871 8198 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
With Telecare you can have sensors fitted in your home which will be triggered and alert someone for help if you get into trouble.
- Full range of environment sensors can be installed depending on needs
- You will be referred by social services
- Available if you fit eligibility criteria
If you are unsure which service is most appropriate, contact Supported Housing Services on 020 8871 8198 or email email@example.com