Pay an invoice

Pensioners on low income and people in residential care

If you are a pensioner on low income or in residential care, find out what your payment options are.

Pensioners on a low income

Call the Pension Service: 

  • Freephone advice line: 0800 991 234
  • Direct number: 0345 606 0265 
If you are a pensioner on a low income, you may also be entitled to pension credit.

Income Support or Job Seekers Allowance

Department for Works and Pension (DWP) Office

You can contact the DWP by: 

People in Residential Care

Deferred Payments Scheme

Moving into permanent residential accommodation or residential care?

You might be able to 'defer' or put off a part of your payment for permanent residential accommodation in exchange for granting the Council a legal charge on your main or only residence.

Help with annual service charge and major works

Those in receipt of Income Support or Job Seekers Allowance may be entitled to assistance from the Department for Works and Pension (DWP) to pay towards your service charge and any major works bill. 

To make a claim, you will need to send the DWP copies of your bill(s), the summary of costs and any Major Works Section 20 Notice. The DWP will confirm if you are eligible under their guidelines, and it is best to make any application as soon as possible otherwise your claim may be delayed or refused. However, you should not withhold payment while your claim is being assessed. 

To find out more, you can either: