Personal data and data protection
Accessing your information
Subject Access Requests
The General Data Protection Regulations and the Data Protection Act 2018 provides a right of access to an individual’s personal data.
Our commitment to you
We promise to:
- Only ask for information we need.
- Let you know why we need it.
- Make sure access is only given to those who need it.
- Only keep it for as long as we need to.
- Protect and keep safe the information you provide us.
- Value the personal information you give to us and make sure we respect that trust.
- Not sell your information for marketing purposes.
- Provide training to staff who handle personal information.
- Respond appropriately if personal information is not used or protected properly.
- Respect your information rights and abide by all relevant privacy laws.
In return, we ask you to:
- Give us accurate information.
- Tell us as soon as possible if there are any changes, such as a new address.
- This helps us keep your information reliable and up to date.
How to access your information
You can obtain the information by writing the address below, emailing or calling.Corporate Information Management Team
Wandsworth Town Hall
Wandsworth High Street
London, SW18 2PU
Telephone: 020 8871 8800
Your request for personal information must include:
- Name and address
- Proof of identity
- Details on what information you are asking for, including timescales
Copies of driving license and passport are accepted as proof of identity. The proof of identity will need to be verified by a Council Officer. If you are contacting us by email, please ensure you attach the proof of identity.
In order for us to be able to process a request efficiently the request should include details of the information required, for example services received and departments which may hold the information.
Where information is requested by a third party, authorisation must be provided by the person who the information relates to. We will need to verify the third party's status.
Applications will be processed promptly, but in any event a response will be made within one calendar month from the date we receive the request and proof of identity.
We can request a two-month extension if the request is complex or we have received many requests from you. We will let you know within one month of receiving the request and explain why the extension is necessary.