Flooding and insurance

In some cases, insurance companies may ask their customers to provide more information on the flood risk in their area. The Environment Agency is able to produce Insurance Related Requests for information (IRR) in the form of a letter. The letter will provide information such as the likelihood category of the area of land which your property is within and whether they have any schemes planned to improve the standard of protection in your area.

If your insurance company have specifically asked you to obtain an IRR, please call 08708 506 506 and ask to speak to the External Relation team for your area.

Please note that the environment agency charge £25 for this letter.


Pages in Flooding