Premises approval for marriage or civil partnerships
Apply for premises approval for marriage and civil partnerships
To hold a wedding or civil partnership ceremony at premises in Wandsworth, the venue must be approved by the local authority.
Before you start
You must be the proprietor or a trustee of the premises to apply for permission to hold civil ceremonies or weddings.
The fee for this application is £660. You should send a cheque for this amount made payable to WBC (Wandsworth Borough Council) with your completed application form.
Unless revoked, the licence will be valid for a period of 3 years.
How to apply
You should download and complete an application form, and return this to:The Superintendent Registrar
Wandsworth Town Hall
Wandsworth High Street
The application must be in writing (including by electronic means) and include:
- the name and address of the applicant
- such other information as the local authority requires
- a plan of the premises which clearly identifies the room or rooms in which the proceedings will occur
What happens next
Your premises will be inspected. Your application and plan will be made available to the public for inspection and a public notice of the application must be entered in a local newspaper as part of a public consultation process.
To be granted, your application must be in the correct format and your premises deemed suitable. Conditions may be imposed to your approval.
Find out about current applications.
You should contact us if:
- your application is refused and you seek a review
- you are unhappy with an imposed condition
- you have a query about your registration
- you object to an application for premises approval.