Licences - explosives

The Manufacture and Storage of Explosives Regulations 2005 require anyone storing more than 5kg net of explosives to either register with the local authority or, for larger quantities, obtain a licence.

Regulations include requirements on the types of fireworks that can be sold as well as on the age of purchase.

If you are selling outside certain specified times of the year you will need a licence - this is in addition to any licence or registration allowing you to store fireworks.