Representations, reviews, complaints, and appeals
Complain about a licensed premise
If you have a problem with a licensed premise
In the first instance discuss the issues informally with the premises manager or licence holder. In many cases they will not be aware of the problem and this will give them the opportunity to resolve the issues.
If this does not lead to an improvement, then you should contact us.
Report incidents as follows:
- Breach of licensing conditions: Report a licensing matter online.
- Noise from the operation of the premises: Report noise or nuisance online or call our Noise Team on 020 8871 6127.
- Underage persons entering the premises or gambling at the premises: Complete an online licensing complaint form.
- Crime and disorder: The Metropolitan Police - Licensing Section on 020 8247 8607 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Breach of Planning Conditions: Report a breach of planning control.
You should start to keep a written record detailing each incident, including the date, time and how you were affected. This information can be crucial if your complaint cannot be resolved informally.
You are asked to provide as much detail as possible about when the problems happen, as this will help us to make sure we carry out any inspections at the most relevant time.