Gambling Premises licence

Changes in the details of an existing licence

This page gives you information on how to notify us of a change in circumstance under the Gambling Act 2005. You will find details on how to make these changes and the fee payable, and any additional supporting material that must accompany your application.

The holder of a premises licence must, notify the licensing authority:

  • Of a change in the address or contact details of the licence holder
  • Of any other change of circumstances

This process can also be used to change:

  • Name of the premises
  • The contact details of the premises


The notification must be accompanied by the prescribed fee.

How to notify us of the changes

You should write to us with the details of the changes. Your letter should be accompanied by the premises licence, or, if that is not possible, by a statement of the reasons for the failure to produce the licence.

Once the notification is given

The licence will be updated and then returned to the holder of the licence.

There is no requirement to advertise the application or to notify responsible authorities.