Housing service standards
Wandsworth Council aims to continually deliver quality value for money services that provide a consistently high standard of service to all residents. Set out below are Wandsworth Council’s housing service standards and what you can expect from us as a tenant, leaseholder or housing applicant.
The service standards are set out under each of the headings used in the Annual Report for tenants and leaseholders which is published in autumn of each year and is written with the help of our council residents;
- Tenancy – including rents, allocations and tenure
- Neighbourhood & Community – including preventing and tackling Anti-social Behaviour (ASB), local area cooperation and neighbourhood management
- Resident Involvement – including customer services, complaints, and understanding and responding to diverse needs
- Home - including housing advice and homelessness, quality of accommodation and repairs and maintenance
- Value for Money – demonstrating that we are providing cost effective and efficient services
The service standards also provide you with information on what the Housing and Regeneration Department monitors and reports on performance to ensure that we are meeting these standards.
For key areas of activity we will have a set of housing 'Key Performance Indicators' (KPIs) so our performance can be monitored. These will be reported and published quarterly with an explanation where performance has not met target. We will also report performance against these key indicators to residents via the Area Housing Panels.
Throughout the service standards, ‘council residents’ means council tenants and leaseholders including those residents living in housing managed on behalf of the Council by Resident Management Organisations or Co-operatives.