Affordable Housing Economic Viability Assessment (AHEVA)
In 2009, BNP Paribas were commissioned to carry out an assessment of affordable housing economic viability in Wandsworth to examine the potential for development sites in the Borough to deliver affordable housing at varying percentages and mixes of both social rented and intermediate provision.
An updated study was prepared in 2013 to:
- reassess viability of development and the Council's affordable housing targets in light of changes to market conditions since the original study was undertaken;
- consider the viability of development in the context of the requirements of the National Planning Policy Framework 2012;
- take account of the requirements of the guidance on 'Viability Testing Local Plans' published by the Local Housing Delivery Group in 2012;
- reflect the changes to affordable housing tenures introduced following the Comprehensive Spending Review in 2010;
- take account of the significant changes to the availability of grant funding since 2010;
- reflect the adoption in April 2012 of the Mayor of London's Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) and the adoption in November 2012 of Wandsworth Council's CIL; and
- update the Council's evidence base for planning policies to inform the Local Plan review.