Cycle training and skills
Level 1 Children's basic cycle training sessions (9 to 10 year olds)
Level 1 cycle training sessions are for year 5 pupils/children aged between 9 to 10 years old. Sessions last for 2 hours and there are 10 spaces per session.
- Sessions are usually booked through your child's school and are held at that school.
- Sessions are aimed at pupils who can ride their bike confidently.
- Pupils must bring their bikes with them to the sessions.
- Bikes must be roadworthy.
- Sessions introduce children to cycling and cover cycle control and safety.
- The whole session must be completed.
- Instructors are National Standard trained and approved by Wandsworth Council.
- The council has a public liability insurance that covers training courses.
- All children (and parents/guardians) must obey the simple health and safety rules of the courses.
- Cycle helmets are required.