Cycle training and skills
Adult cycle training sessions (16+)
Adult cycle training courses are run for 16 years old or over. It is a course for those who have not cycled recently or who are nervous about cycling. However, complete beginners can be catered for.
If you don't have a suitable bike for training you must make your own arrangements to hire one.
About the course
- Small groups or one to one training (depending on experience of those on the course).
- The course covers cycle safety, handling, road procedure, helmets/clothing.
- Training usually consists of one and half to two hour sessions (more if appropriate).
- Your own bike must be the right size for you and in road worthy condition.
- All simple health and safety rules must be met by course participants.
- Cycle helmets are required.