Santander Cycle Hire
The Transport for London (TfL) cycle hire scheme has been operating in Wandsworth since December 2013. Docking stations are spread out across parts of Battersea, Wandsworth Town and Putney.
Bringing cycle hire to the borough is a central aim of our Travel Choices campaign and will give thousands of local people a new and exciting travel option.
We work with TfL to identify the best possible locations, especially around town centres and transport hubs. TfL must obtain planning permission for every docking station site. When identifying the best potential locations a range of issues are considered, including safety and the impacts on parking, pedestrians, local businesses and homes.
For more information about Cycle Hire and locations within Wandsworth, visit Santander cycles, (Transport for London website).
Free cycle hire for children with disabilities
Wandsworth Council and Aiming High offer children and young people with disabilities or special educational needs free hire of a range of modified and adapted bikes, trikes and tandems at London Recumbents in Battersea Park.
Cycle hire is available to any child or young person aged 5-18 years, living in Wandsworth, who has any of the following:
- A WAND card
- A Statement of Special Educational Needs (SEN)
- A letter confirming they receive a Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
- A letter from a Doctor or medical practitioner confirming they have a recognised disability.
Through the scheme disabled young people can:
- receive 1 hour's free cycle hire of a range of modified and adaptive bikes, trikes and tandem bikes (you can have more than one session);
- receive an additional 1 hour's free cycle hire for a parent, sibling, carer or friend;
- keep healthy by cycling; and
- have fun in the outdoors with friends or family
If you have a WAND card
- Bring this card with you. You don't need to fill in a form or bring any of the other documents that we ask for as proof.
If you do not have a WAND card
- Download and print a form Bring the form with you for your first hire, together with one of the documents listed under the "who's it for" heading.
To receive your free bike hire, please present photo ID as a deposit.
Cyclists should wear comfortable clothing, closed-in shoes and must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Carriage Drive North
London Recumbents Battersea Park Centre
Next to Millennium Arena (Chelsea Bridge entrance, Queenstown Road)