Free cycle hire for children with disabilities
Wandsworth Council and Aiming High offer children and young people with disabilities or special educational needs free hire of a range of modified and adapted bikes, trikes and tandems at London Recumbents in Battersea Park.
Who's it for?
For any child or young person aged 5-18 years, living in Wandsworth, who has any of the following:
- a WAND card: or
- a Statement of Special Educational Needs (SEN); or
- a letter confirming they receive a Disability Living Allowance (DLA); or
- a letter from a Doctor or medical practitioner confirming they have a recognised disability.
Through the scheme disabled young people can:
- receive 1 hour's free cycle hire of a range of modified and adaptive bikes, trikes and tandem bikes (you can have more than one session);
- receive an additional 1 hour's free cycle hire for a parent, sibling, carer or friend;
- keep healthy by cycling; and
- have fun in the outdoors with friends or family
If you have a WAND card
- Bring this card with you. You don't need to fill in a form or bring any of the other documents that we ask for as proof.
If you don't have a WAND card
Download and print a form Bring the form with you for your first hire, together with one of the documents listed under the "who's it for" heading.
To receive your free bike hire, please present photo ID as a deposit.
Cyclists should wear comfortable clothing, closed-in shoes and must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
Phone 020 8299 6636
London Recumbents Battersea Park Centre
Next to Millennium Arena (Chelsea Bridge entrance, Queenstown Road)Battersea Park