Housing benefit overpayment
Repay housing benefit online
When you follow the "make a payment" link, you will go to our secure payments system.
You will need to quote your housing benefit invoice number as your reference.
For security reasons we are unable to accept payments of more than £2,000 in a single transaction.
If you are paying by credit card please note there is a surcharge of 1.4%. There will be no charge for debit cards.
Please read the terms and conditions and if you accept them and want to make your payment, follow the "make a payment" link below.
Terms and conditionsThere are a few conditions to using this facility and you should only use the "make a payment" link below if you accept these:
- Your payment will take a minimum of 24 hours to reach your account. This includes time to verify your debit card details with your debit card issuer and for payment to be notified to the Council.
- We cannot accept liability for a payment not reaching the intended account due to a customer quoting an incorrect reference number.
- We cannot accept liability if payment is refused or declined by the debit card issuer.
- If the debit card issuer declines payment, the Council is under no obligation to bring this fact to the customer's attention. Customers should check with their bank/debit card issuer to ensure that payment has been deducted from their relevant account.
When you have completed a successful transaction, you will be given a transaction reference number.
Make a payment
- Your transaction will be within a secure payment system. We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, a standard supported by most major internet browsers.
- All of your personal and card details are protected using 128 bit encryption when transmitted over the internet. Your card details are stored on a server behind a secure firewall. Only authorised personnel may access this information