School Travel Plans
A School Travel Plan promotes active, healthy, safe and sustainable travel to school. The main objectives of a School Travel Plan are to:
- Improve health through encouraging active travel and reducing harmful emissions.
- Improve the environment through reducing congestion, reducing pollution and CO2 emissions and improving facilities for walkers and cyclists.
- Improve safety through highways engineering measures and increasing road safety education.
- Improve access and opportunity by developing pupils' skills for safe and independent travel.
Write a School Travel Plan
Find out how to write a plan, and how to book onto our workshop to help you with writing your plan.
Accreditation and awards
Benefits of a School Travel Plan
- View the benefits for schools with an accredited School Travel Plan.
- You can apply for a Small Grant if you have an up to date School Travel Plan.