Southfields station and 'village' centre public realm improvements
Design approach ready for committee approval in June 2018
The design group meetings held in January 2018 were well attended and included very healthy discussion. Thank you to everyone who attended and contributed in order to represent the interests of the following:
- Business community forum
- Southfields Grid Residents Association
- Southfields Triangle Residents association
- Southfields Gardens residents association
- Sutherland Grove Resident’s Association
- Ward Cllr Southfields
- Wandsworth Living Streets
- Mobility Forum
- AELTC (Wimbledon Championships)
The final report with the proposed design approach and appendices is divided into six parts:
- Southfields Public Realm Design Strategy: Part 1
- Southfields Public Realm Design Strategy: Part 2
- Southfields Public Realm Design Strategy: Part 3
- Southfields Public Realm Design Strategy: Appendix 1
- Southfields Public Realm Design Strategy: Appendix 2
- Southfields Public Realm Design Strategy: Appendix 3
There is a final response statement made for each of the points raised by the group and suggestions discussed for realising opportunities and addressing concerns.
There is also a proposed General Arrangement plan for the scheme.
The committee report has now been rescheduled for June 2018 to tie in with amended funding timescales and a desire to provide more precise design detail for committee decision.
- Prepare detailed design drawings and implementation/construction schedule
- Continue liaison with businesses to gain agreement to resurface private forecourt areas
- Apply for Wandsworth Local Fund funding (deadline 31 October 2018)
- Prepare a report for June 2018 committee
If you have any questions or queries regarding the project, email SouthfieldsLBW@wandsworth.gov.uk with your contact details and preference for email or phone response.
More information about the scheme can be found in council Committee reports regarding the proposals: