School Travel Plans
Our transport policy is set out in the Local Implementation Plan (LIP).
School Travel Plans and the initiatives that they contain, form part of the delivery plan for several of the LIP2 objectives, especially:
- Objective 2: To facilitate a higher proportion of travel by sustainable transport modes
- Objective 6: To support the efficient movement of all traffic, including pedestrians
- Objective 7: To improve safety and security on the transport network
- Objective 8: To increase public awareness of transport choices
- Objective 9: To improve the quality of the environment including improvements to air quality and reductions in CO2 emissions
- Objective 10: To reduce the need for travel, especially longer distance travel.