Fun and fitness
Aims of the programme
Physical activity is beneficial to children's health and schools play a an important role in promoting healthy and active lifestyles to their pupils.
The aims of our programme are to:
- Increase the activity levels of primary children in the borough
- Improve pupils' fitness
- Teach pupils to understand the effect that exercise has on their bodies
- Improve pupils' knowledge of what makes a healthy lifestyle, including the benefits of exercise and eating healthily
- Provide teachers with practical ideas for physical activities for their pupils
- Provide lesson plans and resources for teachers to deliver lessons and tables to record results
- Create more active schools in the borough.