Wandsworth Young Person of the Year Award
You can now nominate someone for the 2016 Wandsworth Young Person of the Year Award
The Young Person of the Year Award honours young people in Wandsworth who deserve recognition for their achievement, courage, generous attitude or ability to overcome difficult personal circumstances.
The award happens every spring with certificates, trophies and prizes presented by the Mayor of Wandsworth at a special dinner in the Civic Suite.
Wandsworth Young Person of the Year is run by the Trustees and Wandsworth Council with sponsorship from The Keen Group, The Wandsworth Group of Rotary Clubs and Wandsworth Community Safety Trust.
How to qualify
To qualify, you must be:
- Under 19
- Living or studying in Wandsworth Borough.
What awards are there?
There are three different awards:
- The individual awards
- Group award
- Grant funding
The individual award
This award is worth up to £500 and is given for:
- Outstanding achievement in education, sports or the arts
- Making a major contribution to your school or local community
- Overcoming difficulties or setbacks
- Contribution to community safety
One overall winner is chosen by the Trustees to be the "Wandsworth Young Person of The Year".
This award is up to £100, for young people who have carried out voluntary work.
This award is up to £500, to help a young person or a group build on existing achievement and reach their next goal.
- Young person of the year 2015
- Young person of the year 2014
- Young person of the year 2013
- Young person of the year 2012