The overall objective of the Trading Standards team is to protect the public and maintain a fair and safe trading environment within Wandsworth.
We routinely visit and inspect trading premises in the borough to make sure that the various fair trading laws are complied with, we also follow up complaints made by the public. Any inspections and actions taken are carried out in accordance with our enforcement policy.
Legislation enforced by the team covers the following areas of activity.
- Weights and measures
- Misdescriptions of goods and services
- Product safety
- Misleading price indications
- Consumer credit
- Under-age sales of goods, e.g. cigarettes, videos, fireworks
- Counterfeiting and trade marks infringements
- Licensing and registration of sex shops, and premises storing fireworks or poisons
Our work programme 2011 - 2012
Our work programme sets out the priorities for Wandsworth Council's Trading Standards service for the coming year. Download our work programme.