Applying for a dropped kerb

How to apply for driveway marking

If you have a dropped kerb providing vehicle access to your property then you can ask us to provide driveway informatory marking across your entrance to highlight the fact and to discourage obstructive parking.

A driveway marking is advisory only and has no legal standing. Experience however has shown it to be well observed by motorists.

To make an application your property needs to have:

  • an existing purpose built pavement vehicle access; and  
  • a clear space to park a vehicle on your property.


The cost of a marking up to seven metres in length is £47. It extends 0.5 metre beyond the edges of the dropped crossing.

How to apply

Read the guidance notes carefully. 

Download and complete a driveway marking application form.

Submit the completed form to us with your payment.

Ways to pay

Pay online and submit your completed application form by email to

Pay by post attaching your application form to your cheque or postal order. You should not send money in the post. Cheques should be made payable to Wandsworth Council.

Wandsworth Council
Engineering Consultancy
Frogmore Complex
Dormay Street
SW18 1EY

More information 


Pages in Applying for a dropped kerb