Renewing your marriage vows
A Re-affirmation Ceremony
A Re-affirmation Ceremony is a very special way to enhance your celebrations for your special anniversary or to get your family and friends together to share with you your commitment to your marriage and each other. Your own personally designed ceremony presented by our experienced celebrants will make the occasion really a day to remember.
A Re-affirmation ceremony is
- For married couples who wish to celebrate renewing their marriage vows in a unique and personal ceremony.
- Often associated with a special wedding anniversary.
- Appropriate for couples at any stage of marriage who wish to celebrate their renewed commitment to each other.
- Often used by couples who married abroad to introduce their marriage to their larger circle of family and friends now they have returned home.
About our re-affirmation of marriage vows ceremonies
- A ceremony can be held at any time after the marriage from a few days or weeks to many, many years of sharing married life. Special anniversaries are popular as are ceremonies for couples who married abroad and now want to share their public commitment to each other in a ceremony in England.
- The ceremony will last about 20 minutes - a little longer or a little less depending on your choices.
- To design your unique and personal occasion we will arrange an appointment for you to meet a celebrant. We will then build around the particular choices you make to make a ceremony for your special occasion.
- We offer ceremonies on most days at most times. For ceremonies at our venues you should talk to the managers about suitable times and dates then ring the Register Office to confirm the availability of a celebrant. Ceremonies at the Town Hall are available when the building is open.
- You will receive a special certificate commemorating the ceremony. There is a choice of certificate styles and you may purchase extra certificates for a small fee - they make a lovely memento of the day.
- The ceremony has no legal status, the commemorative certificate cannot be used for identity purposes and your marriage certificate must be produced when the ceremony is arranged.
- Any couple legally married to each other can hold a re-affirmation of vows ceremony.
- Fees range from £75 to £150 depending on date and place.
- If you wish to hold a religious blessing for the marriage you should contact your religious community. Ceremonies here must remain entirely secular.