Access to social care
Wandsworth Access Service
How can we help
The Access Team can help:
- anyone wanting to make general enquiries about any of our community care services for adults.
- anyone who wants to make a request for a specific service for themselves or on behalf of someone else. For example,
- support at home,
- help with equipment to assist you,
- if you are concerned about a relative or neighbour who may be vulnerable.
- carers who need advice or support.
There are two dedicated access teams. Both serve as the first point of contact for your questions.
For older people, younger people with physical disabilities and people with sensory disabilities
The service is available Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm.90 Putney Bridge Road
Telephone: 020 8871 7707
Minicom 020 8871 8640
For people with learning disabilities
The service is available Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm.Joan Bicknell Centre
Telephone: 020 8812 5270
How can the Access Team help me?
We will be able to help you with:
- advice and information about our services.
- advice and information about other services, pointing you in the direction of other services that might be available to you.
- they can take information from you if you are requesting help for yourself or on behalf of someone else.
Who else do we help?
People with mental health issues
Contact your Community Mental Health Team (via your GP)
People with alcohol addictions or substance misuse issues
Contact your Specialist Mental Health Team (via your GP)