Paying your council tax
Pay by Direct Debit
Council Tax: see also
Switch to Direct Debit for a chance to win a life-changing £25,000 in our Prize Draw.
Visit www.ddeasywinner.co.uk for information, to view the Prize Draw terms and conditions, and the Direct Debit Guarantee.
Direct Debit is the easiest way to pay if you have a post office, bank or building society account.
How to switch to Direct Debit
Telephone 020 8871 7799 with your Council Tax account number and bank details to hand (when prompted choose option one).
Complete the Direct Debit Mandate and return it to us:Wandsworth Council
Council Tax Service
PO Box 65962
London SW18 9HN
Please do not send the form to your Bank or Building Society because we have to process it first.
Choose your payment date
You can choose between the 4, 11, 15, 18 or 25 of each month to pay your council tax by direct debit.
Benefits of paying by Direct Debit
- You can choose from five different payment dates
- Payments are automatic - helping to keep your payments up to date
- You do not have to queue or remember to make payment each month
- It removes the worry of cheques getting lost or stolen in the post
- Never have the embarrassment of receiving a reminder, final notice or summons
- Refunds are guaranteed in the event of error by the Council and the banking system
- The Direct Debit instruction will continue year on year until you decide to cancel the arrangement, so there will be no need to complete forms each year or if your annual amount payable changes
- It costs us less to process so it helps us keep your council tax low.
What if I am paying by Standing Order?
If you have already made arrangements to pay by Standing Order, it is not too late to change to the easier option, so there is no need to be left behind.
If you are presently paying this way, you must cancel this with your Bank or Building Society before changing to Direct Debit.