Paying your council tax
Pay by Direct Debit
Council Tax: see also
Direct Debit is the easiest way to pay if you have a post office, bank or building society account.
How to switch to Direct Debit
Telephone 020 8871 7799 with your Council Tax account reference and bank details to hand (when prompted choose option one).
Complete the Direct Debit Mandate and return it to:Wandsworth Council
Council Tax Service
PO Box 65962
London SW18 9HN
Please do not send the form to your Bank or Building Society because we have to process it first.
Choose your payment date
You can choose between the 4, 11, 15, 18 or 25 of each month to pay your council tax by direct debit.
Benefits of paying by Direct Debit
- You can choose from five different payment dates to suit your convenience.
- Payments are automatic - helping to keep your payments up to date and avoid reminders, final notices or summons.
- The services is completely online eliminating post office queues and relying on cheques to be delivered.
- Refunds are guaranteed in the event of error by the Council and the banking system.
- The Direct Debit instruction will continue year on year until you decide to cancel the arrangement. There will be no need to complete forms each year or if your annual amount payable changes.
- It costs us less to process helping keep your council tax low.
How do I change my payment date?
What if I am paying by Standing Order?
If you have already made arrangements to pay by Standing Order, it is not too late to cancel the Standing Order with your Bank or Building Society and then change to payments by Direct Debit.