Looking after the property and its surrounding areas
Looking after the property
- You must look after your property and the communal areas. For example, you must not put anything heavy on your balcony or roof garden that might damage the structure.
- You must also take care not to damage our fixtures and fittings.
- You are responsible for repairing any damage to the property caused deliberately or negligently by you, your lodgers, friends, relatives, visitors or any other person living in the property.
Your garden and balcony
- You must keep your garden and balcony tidy and free from rubbish.
- You must not hang anything over the balcony walls or rails or from windows, washing for example.
- You must not block communal areas, or do anything that may cause problems for people using the footpaths, passages or communal areas.
- You must keep lifts and fire exits clear and free from rubbish and other obstructions.
- You must look after the communal areas such as stairways and passageways, keep them as clean and tidy as possible and clean them as reasonably requested by us.