Council owned properties
Wandsworth Council contract out the management of any commercial or business premises which it owns to:
GVA Property Management Consultancy
65 Gresham Street
Non-council owned properties
If you are considering taking on business premises, first check out this excellent guide from Start Up Donut. It will help guide you through the main considerations including location, cost and legal aspects.
Communities and Local Government: this government department has responsibility for a range of issues including Planning, Building Regulations and Regeneration. In particular this department publishes a free advice booklet entitled "Thinking of taking on a business premises", see link above under Business Premises (Advice).
Wandsworth Chamber of Commerce has contacts with commercial estate agents who may be able to help.
- Garrett Business Park - a thriving industrial estate in the heart of Wandsworth.
- Trident Business Centre – a mixed used business centre
- Commercial property in Wandsworth – London Borough of Wandsworth commercial property
The Land Registry
The Land Registry will tell you who owns a site. Costs are approximately £3 by credit card.
Commercial property advice
If you need advice on how to get the right commercial lease for your business, then visit the London Growth Hub website.
Looking for commercial property and want to know what to look out for? See the following helpful guidance notes:
- Commercial Property Use Classes
- Guide To Making An Offer
- Guide To Buying Commercial Property
- Minimum Energy Efficiency Standards (MEES)
Property expert one-to-one sessions
You may also benefit from a one to one mentoring session with a local expert.
These two-hour sessions with property experts are for people If you are negotiating or renegotiating a commercial lease or are currently searching for premises. They will help you Navigate the lease process, tailored to your business.
You will benefit from expert guidance, learn how to avoid the common pitfalls, and if you have an existing contract or a draft lease get a point of view of what you should look out for.
Places are limited. Once you have been offered a place, you will arrange a mutual convenient meeting date with a property expert.
Book your place by completing the short application, giving some details about your business and if there are any lease issues you would like to discuss with the mentor.
In some cases it may be preferable for businesses to trade from managed workspace as this can avoid the capital costs of acquiring a long lease on a high street premises.
Workspace Group PLC
Kennington Park Business Centre
We've also brought together some very useful online search tools to help you find the premises you need. Whether that is temporary 'pop-up' space or something longer-term.
(Disclaimer: These are commercial online search sites and business services that are not provided or endorsed by us. Your use of these sites and services is at your own discretion and judgment, and is subject to their terms and conditions. Other providers and similar web sites are available.)
- FlexiOffices - specialising in providing serviced offices ranging from value to professional or prestigious
- Free Office Finder Ltd. - offer a completely free office search service and market all types of office space, but specialise in startup and small-business friendly serviced, flexible and co-working spaces.
- Movehut.co.uk - a location based search, for those renting, buying, auctioning or investing in commercial property
- Offices.org.uk - a regularly updated directory of flexible serviced offices and co-working desk space
- Primefind.net - providing choice of flexible office solutions, ranging from virtual services, to long and short term fluid options
- Showcase.co.uk - a search engine for business professionals and investors looking for their next commercial property to lease or buy
Temporary and pop-up space
- WeArePopUp.com - an online service to list, discover and book pop-up spaces.
- AppearHere.co.uk - rent shops, markets and spaces including temporary retail units.
Contact your town centre manager
Wandsworth's Town Centres and how to contact Town Centre Managers.