Sources of finance
Loans and grants for non profit organisations, young people and projects
Charities and non profit making organisations
- Government Grants for the voluntary and community sector.
- Funding central is a free website for charities, voluntary organisations and social enterprises providing access to over four thousand funding and finance opportunities as well as tools and resources to help organisations develop sustainable income strategies.
Green and sustainable grants
- The Community Sustainable Energy Programme website gives information on grants for community and non profit making organisations.
- Salix Finance provides Public Sector energy efficiency loan funding.
- (The) Princes Trust helps young entrepreneurs including small grants to help get into education, training or employment. May also offer a Community Cash Award which is a grant to help set up a project that will benefit your community.
- Shell LiveWIRE is a programme that offers free online business advice with possible start-up awards of £1,000 and £10,000 to help fund young entrepreneurs aged 16-30.
- Rock StartUp is a leading portal for aspiring young entrepreneurs and offers 18-30 year olds the opportunity to start their own business or scale up their existing business. To enquire about Startup Loans call. 0845 652 2905. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- European Investment Bank offers loans for major projects costing more than £20,000,000 or provides, via banks and financial institutions, loan facilities for small and medium sized projects.
Grants for all types of organisations
- Grants Online provides a comprehensive service with information on grant funding opportunities from the European Union, UK Government Agencies, the lottery as well as Grant Making Trusts & Foundations.