Paying your business rates
When you follow the "make a payment" link at the bottom of this page, you will go our secure payment system.
- Please have your business rate account number to hand.
- You will also need your current debit card. (Unfortunately we are unable to accept payments using American Express or Diner's Club cards).
- For security reasons we are unable to accept payments of more than £2,000 in a single transaction.
- Your transaction will take place within a secure payment system. We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, a standard supported by most major internet browsers.
- All of your personal and card details are protected using 128 bit encryption, when transmitted over the internet. Your card details are stored on a server behind a secure firewall. Only authorised personnel may access this information.
- Please read the Terms and Conditions below and if you accept them and want to make your payment, click the "make a payment" link.
Terms and conditions
There are a few conditions to using this facility and you should only click on the "make a payment" link if you accept the following:
- Your payment will take a minimum of 24 hours to reach your business rate account. This includes time to verify your debit card details with your debit card supplier and for payment to be notified to the council.
- We cannot accept liability for a payment not reaching the intended account due to a customer quoting an incorrect council tax or business rate account number.
- Neither can we accept liability if payment is refused or declined by the debit card supplier.
- If the debit card supplier declines payment, the council is under no obligation to bring this fact to the customer's attention. Customers should check with their bank/debit card supplier to ensure that payment has been deducted from their relevant account.
When you have completed a successful transaction, you will be given a transaction reference number. If this doesn't happen, please contact Liberata UK Ltd on 020 7378 5941.