How to pay your business rates
Paying by Direct Debit
The benefits of paying by Direct Debit are:
- Payment will be automatically paid from your bank account to your Business Rates account keeping your payments up to date.
- You do not have to queue or remember to make payment each month
- Cheques can't get lost or stolen in the post
- Never have the embarrassment of receiving a reminder, final notice or summons.
- The Council and the banking system guarantees refunds in the event of error.
- The Direct Debit instruction will continue year on year until you decide to cancel the arrangement, so there will be no need to complete forms each year or if your annual amount payable changes
If you have already made arrangements to pay by Standing Order, it is not too late to change to the easier option. If you are presently paying this way, you must cancel your Standing Order with your Bank or Building Society before changing to Direct Debit.
Payment date for Direct Debits is the 10th or 26th of each month.
How to pay by Direct Debit
Complete the Direct Debit Mandate.
Please do not send it to your Bank or Building Society because we have to process the form first.
The Direct Debit Guarantee
This Guarantee should be printed and retained by the payer.
This Guarantee is offered by all Banks and Building Societies that take part in the Direct Debit Scheme. The efficiency and the security of the Scheme is monitored and protected by your own Bank or Building Society.
If the amounts to be paid or the payment dates change, Wandsworth Council will notify you 10 working days in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed.
If an error is made by Wandsworth Council or your Bank or Building Society, you are guaranteed a full and immediate refund from your branch of the amount paid.
You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by writing to your Bank or Building Society. Please also send a copy of your letter to us.