Business Rates standards and performance
To ensure we deliver a consistently good service, we have a Customer Charter:
We aim to provide you with an efficient, courteous and helpful service and to help you understand your rights and duties as a ratepayer. These are the targets that we have set ourselves.
- You will receive prompt, courteous and helpful attention by trained staff, who will be happy to give their name if asked.
- Your telephone calls will be answered within 5 rings.
- Written information will be as clear and easy to understand as possible.
- Your Business rates bill will be sent out promptly. It will give accurate information and show clearly how the amount has been worked out.
- Facilities for making payments will be adequate and convenient. These will include Direct Debit, postal or Bank Giro payments and cash payments. Full details of these are listed on the back of your bill. You can also pay online by Debit Card.
- You will always have 14 days notice of the date when your first payment is due.
- The information you give us will be kept confidential, and used only to work out and collect monies due, and to prevent fraud.
- Our responses should meet the following targets:
overpayment refunds will be made within 10 working days of receipt of application.
all items of correspondence will receive a full response within 10 working days of receipt, or sooner where needed to meet court deadlines.
- Personal interviews to deal with your enquiries will be arranged for the following working day. These will be in the Customer Centre, Wandsworth High Street, SW18 2PU from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday, or at your business if you prefer.
Special needs customers will also be recognised and met to the best of our ability. For example, interpreting facilities will be made available for people not able to speak English.