Business rates relief
Community Amateur Sports Clubs Status (CASC)
Giving Community Amateur Sports Club the benefits of charitable status
Community Amateur Sports Club Status is an initiative run by the Inland Revenue, which gives, sports clubs (or clubs with sport as their main purpose) many of the benefits of charitable status without the various administrative responsibilities associated with being a charity.
Benefits of Community Amateur Sports Club Status
- Mandatory 80% rate relief (funded by Central Government) with clubs already receiving rate relief likely, in many cases, to be able to claim 100% rate relief.
- Gift Aid on donations from individuals, meaning clubs are able to claim back the equivalent of 28p for every £1 donated.
- Exemption on corporation tax on bank and building society interest
- Exemption from corporation tax on trading and property income below certain thresholds
- Exemption on corporation tax on chargeable gains