Building control

Other types of applications

Temporary structures

Some special and temporary structures such as stands for special events, marquees, radio masts or certain freestanding boundary walls require building consent under Section 30 of the London Building Acts (Amendment) Act 1939.

Depending on the amount of time the structure will be in existence you may need to renew the consent if the existing licence expires.


Reversion is for works controlled by an approved inspector, who is no longer able to carry out their function.

Make your application

You need to submit an application form:

We will review your application within seven days.


View temporary structure charges

View reversion charges

Make a payment

You should make the full payment with your application you can make a debit or credit card payment using our online payment facility.

You will need to provide the site address, payment amount and building control reference number which is X4612 8161.

Or you pay by debit/credit card by calling 020 8871 7620.