Dangerous structures and buildings
A dangerous structure can be anything from a loose slate to a collapsing building.
Report a dangerous structure
- 9am to 5pm: 020 8871 7620
- Out of hours: 020 8871 6000
Your call is confidential and we will not pass on your personal information to anyone else. Please provide:
- the exact location
- a description of the problem
What happens next
We have qualified officers on call to investigate reports.
- An experienced engineer or surveyor will assess the situation and see if our contractors remove the danger.
- We can serve a Dangerous Structure Notice that requires the owner to remove the danger.
- If a structure is defective, but not immediately dangerous, we will contact the owner and give them a time limit to fix it.
- If the building needs emergency work the owner will, where possible, hire a contractor.
All of our costs are charged to the owner of the building. We will send a demand which will include the total cost of the work carried out. We also include a breakdown showing time spent and materials used.
We would recommend that owners contact their insurers as soon as possible once they are aware of a problem.