Housing Benefit overpayment
Repay Housing Benefit online
When you follow the "make a payment" link, you will go to our secure payments system.
- You will need to quote your Housing Benefit invoice number as your reference.
- For security reasons we are unable to accept payments of more than £2,000 in a single transaction.
- If you are paying by credit card please note there is a surcharge of 1.4%. There will be no charge for debit cards.
- Read the terms and conditions below and if you accept them and want to make your payment, follow the "make a payment" link below.
Terms and conditions
There are a few conditions to using this facility and you should only use the "make a payment" link below if you accept these:
- Your payment will take a minimum of 24 hours to reach your account. This includes time to verify your debit card details with your debit card issuer and for payment to be notified to us.
- We cannot accept liability for a payment not reaching the intended account due to a customer quoting an incorrect reference number.
- We cannot accept liability if payment is refused or declined by the debit card issuer.
- If the debit card issuer declines payment, we are under no obligation to bring this to the customer's attention. Customers should check with their bank/debit card issuer to ensure that payment has been deducted from their relevant account.
When you have completed a successful transaction, you will be given a transaction reference number.
Make a payment
- Your transaction will be within a secure payment system. We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, a standard supported by most major internet browsers.
- All of your personal and card details are protected using 128 bit encryption when transmitted over the internet. Your card details are stored on a server behind a secure firewall. Only authorised personnel may access this information