Evidence to support your claim

Providing us with the right evidence

You will be asked to provide documents to prove the information that you have given in your claim/award form. If you have claimed online you will get a customised list of the evidence needed for us to calculate your claim/award.

Do not delay making a claim/award application if you do not have all the supporting information that the form asks for, otherwise you may lose benefit/reduction. We will write to you if you have not sent all the necessary evidence, as this can hold up your claim.

If you are unable to get the evidence to us due to an illness, disability or because you are vulnerable, a home visit can be arranged. The visiting officer will come and see you in your home and verify all the supporting evidence. If you would like to use this service, please email HBVisitRequests@wandsworth.gov.uk or telephone 020 8871 7062 to make an appointment.

Do not send important documents by post. All documents provided must be originals - copies won't do!

We need to see proof of identity and National Insurance Number (NINO) for you and your partner if you have one.  We will also need to see proof of every statement you make on the application form.

Please see the pages below for checklists of the types of proof that are acceptable. Remember, we cannot pay your claim/award without the right evidence.

Pages in Evidence to support your claim