Our customer charter
Our Customer Charter tells you what you can expect from the Income Collection Service. It also tells you what you can do to help us and what to do if things go wrong.
The Income Collection Service aims to provide you with an efficient, courteous and helpful service. To do this we have set the following targets for ourselves:
- Your telephone calls or personal visits should receive prompt, courteous and helpful attention by trained staff.
- Your telephone call should be answered within 5 rings.
- We should attend Finance Reception within 10 minutes of being advised of your arrival.
- Written information will be as clear and easy to understand as possible.
- All items of correspondence (including email) should be answered within 10 working days.
- Special needs of customers will be recognised and met to the best of our ability.
- We will provide you with a statement of your account within 5 days of your request.
- We will respond quickly and efficiently to complaints.
- We aim to ensure equality of opportunity in provision of our service for all persons regardless of their race, colour, creed, ethnic or national origin, disabilities, age, gender, sexuality or marital status.