Permanent positions are not the only way to find work in our schools. Wandsworth works with employment agencies to fill supply vacancies in our schools. We do not run a centrally administered supply pool.
Wandsworth is currently exploring the possibility of creating our own in-house supply service, to rival that of commercial agencies (in partnership with Supreme Education).
Why register with Wandsworth?
- Teachers will be paid in line with the main pay scale, according to your experience (including holiday pay);
- You will have the freedom and choice as to where and when you work in our schools, including being free to work with other agencies;
- Schools will have direct access to candidates, so you will be able to build lasting relationships with them;
- Enhanced vetting procedures, leading to schools having more confidence in you; and
- Access to training and development opportunities for supply teachers.
Register here if you wish to join the Wandsworth Supply Service.
Logging on to the automated system
Log on (this opens in new window) if you have already registered with the Supply Service, or are a school wishing to place vacancies onto the system.
Contact Shauna Leigh Thompson, Client Service Education Coordinator, Wandsworth School Supply Service
Telephone: 0207 926 9798
Mobile: 07717 736523
Fax: 0207 222 3843
Newly Qualified Teachers
Please note that Newly Qualified Teachers cannot spend more than four terms on supply work before a full induction term must be completed.
Supply teaching placements for one term or more may form part of the Induction period; daily supply cover and moving between schools does not count; for a supply post to count towards induction, it must involve regular teaching of the same classes.
The Headteacher must agree at the start of the placement to take responsibility for the induction period.
Overseas trained teachers
Please note that teachers trained in other EEA countries are able to join the Supply Service, as are teachers trained in non-EEA countries who have Work Permits or Working Holiday Visas - unfortunately, it will not be possible for those without Work Permits or Working Holiday Visas to join the Supply Service.