Ensure that you include all the following information in your CV. If any of the criteria is missing your application could be rejected. Your CV should not exceed two sides of A4 (excluding referee details)
What to include on your CV
You should include:
- First name, middle initial(s), last name.
- Email address and a contact telephone number (if we need to call you)
- Full employment history including start and end dates, role title, key responsibilities and reasons for leaving. Include reasons for any gaps in paid employment and any voluntary work.
- Please ensure you include contact names, emails and phone numbers for a minimum of 2 referees that cover at least 3 years of employment history (one must be your current or most recent employer)
- Professional qualifications, including date(s) achieved, name of awarding body and any other training relevant to the post being applied for if applicable.
- Further training courses and key career achievements that are relevant to the post being applied for, if applicable.
- Registration body (e.g. HCPC, RTPI) and registration number, if applicable.
Do not include:
- Your age/date of birth.
- A photograph
- Any other personal data information.
Complete this section as fully as possible, giving exact dates. Where you cannot remember specific dates, provide as good an indication of the time involved as possible.
For jobs requiring pre-employment Disclosure and Barring Service checks you must provide exact and accurate dates.
Qualifications and training
Where specific qualifications are required for the position, this will be stated in the Job Profile. You should complete this section giving details of relevant examination results and grades.
If your application is successful, you will be required to provide verification of these qualifications. Make sure you include any NVQs which you are working towards or have obtained.
Ensure that your covering letter includes how you meet the essential criteria of the role description, why you are applying for the role and what skills you would bring to the role.
A covering letter should not exceed two sides of A4.