Information for parents of children with special educational needs
Information available for download
Special Education Needs
The Voice of the Child
Listening to Children and Young People who have Special Educational Needs (SEN)
The purpose of these materials is to assist everyone working in the Education Service in Wandsworth to become more conscious of the need and sensitive to practical ways in which the views of children and young people with SEN can be more effectively sought and included.
Further information is also available on:
Schools information is available for:
- Schools, including special schools, in Wandsworth
- Term dates
- Further Education Colleges
- Find details of independent schools
- Office for Standards in Education (OFSTED), officially the Office of Her Majesty's Chief Inspector of Schools in England. Visit this site for for further information on the schools inspection process; the results of inspections and inspection reports.
- www.isis.org.uk This site is a comprehensive guide to independent education in the UK, with full details of 1300 schools.
- Department for Education
- DirectGov has information for all parents and carers who want to help their child or children to learn. It is here to offer you support, information and advice about your child's learning and the English education system.
Help for parents of children with ASD
We have published an information pack for local parents and carers of children with ASD.
It sets out contact details for key local and national organisations with a guide to all the different services provided by the council and the local NHS. There are sections on diet, after school activities, respite care and family support. It also explains different teaching practices and includes a book list for further reading.
Additional information on ASD is also available from: