Wandsworth Design Awards 2017
The nomination period for the 2017 Wandsworth Design Awards is open until 30 September 2017.
The awards, which launched in 1999, aim to give public recognition to recent local building projects which make a positive contribution to the local environment and set a good example to others.
We want to hear about schemes in the borough of Wandsworth, large or small, which you think are successful.
Suggestions can be made for all types of development such as:
- residential extensions, including loft extensions
- restoration/conversion projects, including schemes which introduce new uses into older buildings
- offices and shopfronts, either new or restored
- new buildings
- public spaces
- landscape projects, including front gardens
- access to buildings and improved provision for people with disabilities
- sustainable buildings/spaces (buildings/spaces demonstrating excellence in sustainable design and construction)
Projects must have been completed since 1 January 2015 to be eligible for consideration.
The awards will recognise the design's quality, sustainability and inclusiveness, the suitability of materials, craftsmanship and innovation, and relation to existing buildings and surroundings.
How to nominate
Nominations can be made by anyone and we particularly encourage local groups, residents, businesses and people working in the borough to send us their suggestions.
You can submit your nomination via our online form.
Nominations should be made by 30 September 2017. You must include a photograph to illustrate your entry.
What happens next
A panel of local people with an expertise and interest in design, representing the Wandsworth Design Review Panel, and local amenity societies, Wandsworth Access Association, the council’s Design and Heritage Champions, councillors and local architects will judge the projects.
The awards, including the Wandsworth Access Award, will be announced early in 2018 and certificates will be awarded to the winners.