Children and young people can only be safeguarded properly if everyone involved with them work effectively together. It is everyone's responsibility to safeguard children and young people, whether you work directly or indirectly with them.
Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children is defined as:
- protecting children from maltreatment
- preventing impairment of children's health or development
- ensuring children are growing up with the provision of safe and effective care; in order to have optimum life chances.
Need to talk to someone?
To speak to a social worker call:
- 020 8871 6622 (week day office hours 09:00-17:00)
- 020 8871 6000 (after 17:00 and weekends)
- In an emergency call the Police.
For more information go to the Wandsworth Safeguarding Children and Young People website where a range of further information and support is available.